- Bookalook Ltd, The Leeming Building, Ludgate Hill, Leeds, LS2 7HZ, UK.
- Alternatively email us on email@example.com
Bookalook Ltd is the data controller of your Personal Information for the purpose of the Act. What information do we collect?
When you visit our Platform, or contact us by email or telephone, we may collect the following information:
- Personal information that you choose to share with us when you register for services, emails, newsletters and alerts.
- If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
- Financial information such as any personal bank or credit card details that you use to transact with us.
- Information about the way our Platform has been used by you and others – collected on an aggregate basis.
- Your IP address and other information (such as the browser you are using) may be collected when you interact with our Platform – for example create a profile, subscribe to our emails, ask or answer a question etc. We may associate this information with your Bookalook account.
It is important that all the Personal Information you give us when you register as a user or otherwise when you use the Platform is truthful and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including email) details at all times.
We strive to maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. How do we use the information you provide to us?
In general terms, we use Personal Information to provide you with the services you request, process payment, provide customer services and for customer research. We may also use the Personal Information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Platform.
We may use personal information we collect to notify you about new services we think you will find valuable. we may also pass your personal information to selected third parties who offer their services via our platform. please note that this will only be done if you have consented to receiving such communications at the point of registration (via an opt-in box) or at any time thereafter. you may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Opt out of receiving emails
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the footer of the email you have received. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com
. Please allow 48 hours for your email address to be removed from our system. Our policy on Cookies
In common with other commercial websites, our Platform utilises a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Is A Cookie?") and web server logs to collect information about how our Platform is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Platform, and the websites visited just before and just after our Platform.
- Remember you when you visit this Platform to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the Platform.
- Make our Platform work as efficiently as possible.
- Facilitate transactions and administer services to you and other users of our Platform. What is a cookie?
. How do we use information we collect from cookies?
Cookies do not allow us to gather any Personal Information about you and we do not generally store any Personal Information that you provided to us in your cookies. Third Party Cookies
Most of the cookies we use are ours, however, on occasion, we will issue a cookie by a third party to help us operate the Platform - these are sometimes known as "web beacons" or "clear gifts". These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
For this purpose, we may disclose generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits and use of our Platform, but we will not disclose any of your Personal Information which identifies you or from which you may be identifiable, i.e. we will not disclose your contact details such as your email address, name, address or telephone number.
The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own, very strict, privacy policies but we don't have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve our Platform experience).
Most browsers allow you to remove any cookies and/or block any new cookies being set. To turn off cookies, look at the "help" menu on your browser. However, please note, that switching off cookies may restrict your use of the Platform and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates. Your third party accounts
We may link your account with a third party (such as Facebook or Twitter) to our services to enable certain functionality, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (including your profile picture, friends or contacts).
The information we may obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies. Sharing personal information with third parties
We treat the security and method of processing your Personal Information very seriously, and we will never sell your Personal Information under any circumstances. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to selected third parties in the following situations:
- To facilitate our business, including, by way of example only, sending email communications;
- If we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in accordance with your authorisation as expressed via 'opt-ins', including pre-ticked opt-ins, e.g. at the point of registration.
Please note: by posting any Personal Information in any publicly accessible area of our Platform, such information may be collected by third parties over which we have no control. We strongly recommend all users keep postings anonymous. We are not responsible for the use of such information by such third parties.
Please exercise all due care and consideration before disclosing any Personal Information that will be disclosed on public areas. You should also avoid disclosing any Personal Information that may be used to identify you (such as your name, age, home or work address or name of your employer) especially if you disclose any sensitive Personal Information such as:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political beliefs;
- Philosophical or religious beliefs;
- Membership of a trade union or political party;
- Physical or mental health;
- Sexual life; or
- The commission of criminal offences or proceedings. How can you access and correct your Personal Information?
Should you have any queries about any Personal Information which we hold about you, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we shall endeavour to respond to any such request as soon as we are able. We may charge you an administration charge of £10 for fulfilling any such request.
If you are unable to update your own Personal Information, please notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
We will correct any errors in the Personal Information we hold about you within 7 days of receiving such notification. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate and truthful data. We cannot be liable for any information that is provided to us that is incorrect. Our duty to notify you of any unauthorised access
If we become aware of any unauthorised access to your Personal Information we will inform you at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed. What about other websites linked to our Platform?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Platform nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Platform.